Which is the Most Expensive Necklace in the World?
The world’s most expensive necklace is the “Incomparable Diamond Necklace”, which was sold for $55 million at Christie’s in Geneva in May 2013.
The necklace, which was designed by Swiss jeweler Fawaz Gruosi, features a 30-carat diamond as its centerpiece. The rest of the necklace is made up of diamonds totaling more than 230 carats.
If you’re looking for the most expensive necklace in the world, you’ll have to shell out a whopping $27.4 million!
That’s the price of La Peregrina, a pear-shaped pearl that was once owned by Spanish royalty. The beautiful jewel has been passed down through generations of royal families and is now part of Elizabeth Taylor’s estate.
If you’re not in the market for such an extravagant piece, don’t worry there are plenty of other amazing necklaces out there that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
Who Owns the Most Expensive Necklace in the World?
In 2018, the world’s most expensive necklace was sold at auction for $33.7 million. The necklace, which is made of white gold and decorated with diamonds, was designed by French jeweler Wallace Chan. It is named “The Heart of the Kingdom” and was created for an Asian client.
The previous record for the most expensive necklace was set in 2015 when a diamond necklace called “The Blue Moon” was sold for $28.5 million.
The most expensive necklace in the world is the L'Incomparable Diamond Necklace, which was designed by Pascal Mouawad and contains a 530-carat diamond. The necklace is valued at $55 million and was purchased by an anonymous buyer in 2013.
The L'Incomparable is not only the most expensive necklace in the world but also the largest cut diamond. It was discovered in the early 1980s in the Democratic Republic of Congo and took over two years to cut and polish.
The finished product is a flawless oval-shaped diamond that weighs nearly 11 pounds. Mouawad's design features an 18-karat gold setting and 90 white diamonds, which enhances the brilliance of the center diamond.
The L'Incomparable Diamond Necklace is truly a one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry and is sure to take its place as one of the most iconic necklaces in history.
5 Most Expensive Jewelry in The World
In this modern era, people love to experiment with different jewelry. They buy it to impress their social circle, to gift it on special occasions, or simply because they like the design.
There are different types of jewelry made from various materials including gold, silver, platinum, diamonds, and gemstones. The most popular and expensive jewelry in the world includes:
- The Pink Star Diamond Ring: Sotheby's sold this ring for $71.2 million in 2013, making it the most expensive diamond ring ever sold at auction. The ring is made from a 59.60-carat pink diamond and was purchased by Isaac Wolf, a New York-based diamond cutter.
- Graff Diamonds' "Desire" Ring: This ring features a 20.02-carat blue diamond and was sold for $46 million at Sotheby's Geneva in 2014. It is the most expensive blue diamond ever sold at auction and was purchased by an anonymous buyer.
- The "Perfect Pink" Diamond: This 14.23-carat pink diamond was sold for $23.2 million by Christie's in 2010, setting a new world record price per carat for a pink diamond. The diamond was purchased by an anonymous buyer and is set in a ring with white diamonds.
- The "Blue Moon" Diamond: This 12.03-carat blue diamond was sold for $48.4 million by Sotheby's in 2015, setting a new world record price per carat for a blue diamond. The stone was purchased by Hong Kong billionaire Joseph Lau and renamed "The Blue Moon of Josephine" after his 7-year-old daughter.
- The Oppenheimer Blue Diamond: This 14.62-carat blue diamond was sold for $57.5 million at Christie's Geneva in 2016, making it the most expensive jewel ever sold at auction. The stone was purchased by Canadian businessman Lawrence Stroll and is set in a ring with white diamonds.
These are some of the most precious and expensive pieces of jewelry in the world that have been sold at auctions or privately. They are beautiful and rare gems that are worth millions of dollars!
Top 10 Expensive Necklaces in the World
- Chopard 201-carat necklace - $25 million. The world's most expensive necklace is the Chopard 201-carat necklace, which was unveiled at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. The piece is made up of diamonds, white gold, and black ceramic, and took over a year to create.
- Diamond encrusted "Hair Locket" - $11.1 million. This 18th-century locket contains a whopping 16 diamonds, weighing a total of 4 carats. It also has 5 strands of real human hair inside, making it a truly unique piece.
- Cartier panther necklace - $5 million. This exquisite piece was designed by Pierre Cartier in 1914 and features 152 diamonds weighing over 100 carats. The center stone is a massive 24-carat diamond, making it one of the most valuable necklaces in the world.
- Bulgari Blue - $15.7 million. This striking necklace was sold at auction in 2011 for a staggering $15.7 million. It features a massive blue diamond weighing 45.52 carats, as well as numerous white diamonds and sapphires.
- La Peregrina Pearl Necklace - $11 million. This historic necklace was once owned by the Spanish royalty and includes a massive 50-carat pearl at its center. The pearl is believed to be over 500 years old, making it one of the oldest pieces on this list.
- Diamond Necklace by Harry Winston - $8 million. This famous jeweler is known for creating some of the most extravagant pieces in the world, and this diamond necklace is no exception. It features over 60 carats of dazzling diamonds, set in platinum and white gold.
- "The Sunburst" Necklace - $4 million. This piece was created by Van Cleef & Arpels in 1953, and features over 100 carats of brilliant yellow diamonds arranged in a sunburst pattern. The necklace is truly breathtaking and has been featured in numerous magazines and films over the years.
- "Heart of the Ocean" Necklace - $2 million. This legendary piece was worn by Kate Winslet in the film "Titanic" and is said to be worth over $2 million today. The film's prop department actually used cubic zirconia instead of diamonds for the necklace, but that hasn't stopped it from becoming one of the most iconic pieces of jewelry in history.
- " Rockefeller" Emerald Necklace - $100 million. This incredible piece was commissioned by none other than John D Rockefeller himself and is said to be worth upwards of $100 million today.
- It features a massive emerald-cut diamond weighing 58 carats, as well as smaller pearls, diamonds, and sapphires. The necklace is truly fit for royalty, and its impressive price tag reflects that.
- "Moon of Baroda" Necklace - priceless. This piece is so rare and valuable that it doesn't even have an official price tag. The "Moon of Baroda" is a massive pear-shaped diamond that weighs an astonishing 21 carats. It's believed to be over 500 years old, making it one of the oldest diamonds in existence. The necklace has been passed down through generations of Indian royalty, and its current whereabouts are unknown.
The most expensive necklace in the world is made of gold and diamonds and costs $30 million. The piece was designed by jeweler JAR for an unnamed client. It took two years to create and has 1,600 diamonds, including a pear-shaped diamond that weighs more than 100 carats.